Given below are the major functions of BOR:
1. It is the controlling power in all matters related to collection of land revenue, arrangement, overhauling and support of records and any other.
2. It is the most noteworthy Revenue Court and care taker of the rights in land of all the right-holders.
3. It practices general superintendence and control over the Revenue Officers and Revenue Courts in the State.
4. Transfer of state land from one department to other department.
5. Colonization and disposal of state lands.